Garages are typically available, and storage sheds are often general moving takes the most extended preparation because they are full of sharp, odd-shaped objects for heavy items that need special packing care.
Professional movers advise safely disposing of items that are not allowed to be used again. Shipping pesticides, fertilizers, and oil can be arranged. Check out our list of items available for Shipping but cannot be shipped. Next, group items of the same size and shape together, such as long-handled tools with pruning shears. Make sure to have various moving boxes and newsprint to wrap and cushion items properly.
Bundle long-handled garden tools, brooms, mops, and rakes securely for moving. Attachments should be removed from power tools and packed separately.
- Hand tools may be left in toolboxes. You can fill the spaces with crushed paper or pack them according to your instructions to comply with packing guidelines. Use small cartons to transport heavy tools.
- Use towels to wrap and tape sharp-edged items.
Before moving, power tools must have completely depleted all oil and gas.
Rakes & Brooms
Your mover is to be bundled in a pad. Shovels, rakes, and brooms can be packed without packing. Instead, gather them together.
Lawn & Patio Furniture
Clean frames and remove cushions—place pads in a moving wardrobe or large box.
Wrap umbrellas in paper padding to keep them dry and clean during moving. Use a bag made of plastic and seal it by taping the top. The umbrella stand should be packed with something other than weight.
Get rid of all unused charcoal. Take out the tank. It cannot be moved in the moving van. Check out our list of Items that Cannot be Shipped.
Dismantle all TV antennas, garden sheds, and swing sets before moving day—plan to bring small hardware with you.
- Prepare your lawn mower by draining the gasoline before moving day. Place the label and small hardware in a bag or an old coffee can.
- Securely attach the parts bag to the appropriate equipment if possible.
Pots and Planters
For moving, pack small pottery or ceramic planters like any fragile item. They are wrapped with lots of cushioning. You can move unusual or large planters and consult your moving professional.
Decorations and toys. Boxes must be repackaged if it is damaged or falls apart. This is frequently the case for items found in crawl spaces and attics.
It may be easier to buy new garbage cans at your destination.
- Clean cans if you plan to take them with you.
- If your cans are sealable or rollable, you may pack items in them and make them manageable.
Consult with your Relocation Consultant on the following items:
- riding mower
- gas-powered leaf blower
- motor scooter
- above-ground swimming pool
- hot tub
- satellite dish
- storage shed
- swing set
- jungle gym
- a dog house or kennel
Ask Professional Movers LTD if you need clarification on an item.